East Haddam Youth and Family Services is a private, non-profit agency that was started by a small group of high school students and adults working together to provide services for young people in our community. That history of building partnerships continues to be the foundation for the work we do today. EHYFS works collaboratively with our town government, school system, local and state police, civic and faith organizations, parent groups, youth and adults and several regional and state agencies. We are committed to offering programs and services at little or no charge so that cost does not prevent anyone from being able to participate.
East Haddam Youth and Family Services is dedicated to inspiring the potential of and promoting the positive and healthy development of youth and families. EHYFS strives to create and enhance opportunities which advance the quality of life for all youth and families within the community by providing a spectrum of prevention, intervention, and advocacy services.
Because we are a private, non-profit agency, our funding is dependent upon grants from:
- The town of East Haddam
- State and local Boards of Education
- The Middlesex County Substance Abuse Action Council
- The Middlesex County United Way
- The Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services
- Private donations from residents, local businesses, civic and faith organizations.
Donations can be made by:
- Check, either mailed or dropped off
- Corporate funds matching
- Fund raising events
- United Way
- Specific campaigns such as the Christmas Campaign